"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Monday, November 15, 2010

TV...does it really turn your brain to mush?

I love t.v. It's bad, I know but I do. I don't watch much of the stuff anymore though. My life is busy and I have a J.O.B. So I need to get the biggest bang for my buck when indulging, ya know. I find the shows I love the most feature plucky and smart women who are out and about town, kicking butt in their stilettos. I often find fashion inspiration from these fictional characters. I also secretly think that if we met in real life, we'd be friends too! (I'm not the only person to feel this way...my friend recently told me that she feels her and Pink would be tight should they only be introduced.)

Lorelai Gilmore of Gilmore Girls. (Lauren Graham) Love the look. love the hair. love the 'tude, love it all. Unfortunately this show isn't on the air anymore but is frequently aired on afternoon TV. If you appreciate wit you'll love this character, heck even if you don't know what wit means you'll love this character because she is FUN-NY! I love her cheeky pop culture references and how she runs her own business flawlessly in a parade of DVF wrap dresses...she is so chic
Temperance Brennan of Bones. (Emily Deschanel) Plays a wicked smart anthropologist that works with the FBI to solve murders. Note: This shows ratings aren't hurt by the fact that Dr. Brennan's partner in solving crime is smokin' hot! Watch the show for her, fall for him...its all good. She is inspiring because she isn't afraid to be smarter than the boys or wear what she likes, which is retro inspired dresses and belted up trenches! She is so cool!!

Gloria from the Modern Family (Sophia Vergara) Gives me hope for when I become a housewife! She stays at home but her wardrobe doesn't show it! She is not only one of the prettiest women, she has a warm and bubbly sense of humor and a way with a V neck that makes me and all men everywhere love her! Love her. Wish I looked like her. Note to self: learn how to become more like a Colombian super model...this may involve a workout or two and some enhancements!


Well that is all the TV I ever have time for. Except when I fall asleep to Guy Fieri's Triple D. I try to tell myself that looking at others enjoying large quantities of fried food is totally normal and helps me stay on track with my diet! Is this true? I'm not sure. But try it...its strangely satisfying;)


Enjoy!

~S

1 comment:

  1. this made me smile friend... for many reasons.. one cause I can totally picture you as the mom who all the other moms hate simply because you will always look good and put together in some amazing outfit while the rest of us hope to look in the mirror before heading out the door (which somedays I honestly do!oops) and for the other reason that I love that you watch so many shows because of some power woman in it because I have never done that! :) I love that we're such opposites it makes me smile.
    btw. have I ever told you that many people say I look or remind them of lorelai? I don't see it, and it certainly is not in the good dresser aspect.. but it always makes me think of you cause I know how much you love her and that show.
    Love you friend. and thanks for your writings.. it makes me feel like we are sitting and chatting. miss you.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete