"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Current Obsession: winter prep

There is something about winter that makes me want to dress like a Vanderbilt. I don't know what it is but the moment fall hits I hear collegiate knits and fine gauge cashmere calling to me: we must be paired together, wear us!!! I even dress my husband, the Blue Chip Kid, up in cowl neck chunky sweaters and plaid. Here are the ultimate must haves for winter prep...


Plaid: but only the best kind: Burberry. Here is a fresh take on the staple done in grey instead of camel. Call me a snob but I still think the original is best...I chose camel.
Boots that look like you could simultaneously be riding your thoroughbred and being seen at the country club. Sperry Top-Siders.

Elbow patches on a blazer: you can't get more old money...here is a very womanly version in cashmere and leather...yikes! Ralph Lauren.

Chunky Cowl Neck Sweater paired with chambray shirt. This is mine and the Blue Chip Kid's prep uniform this winter. Gap.










Cheers prepsters!
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment