"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hi its me...I'm just wearing new makeup




It's restaurant week in the Twin Cities. Tonight Blue Chip took me to the Capital Grille. Quite good, but kind of weird. Our waiter left us his business card and there were portraits of famous Minnesotans hanging on the walls. (That is weird right?) All in all it was a great time. GREAT company, good conversation and a good steak. I must tell you though that a large part of my enjoyment from this evening came from my eyeshadow!! Here is how that happened.


I was preparing for a night on the town with my hubby and wanted to try something new with my makeup. You know, really make him sit up and take notice of my beauty:) I love a smokey eye, but on a person with fair skin it tends to look a little...Avril Lavigne, during her first Album..before she softened her look to date Brody Jenner.
I definitely don't want to be putting off an Avril vibe so I generally don't rock the smokey eye look. But today I put an end to all that! Instead of the traditional black or pewter eyeshadow used for the smokey look, I used my favorite color Green to create a smokey eye for pasty people!! Exciting, isn't it!?



I think you should wear this to restaurant week too!! Use any color that suits you, Layer the darkest hue on the lid, a moderate shade in the crease and a light blendable shade under the brow...voila! You are so chic.

~S

1 comment: