"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Monday, March 7, 2011

At the Oscars

I decided to blog about the Oscars after the hype had past and I'd had some time to really sit down an analyze the red carpet. You know, all 7 hours of it:) As I watched the throngs of fame and fortune waft past the cameras I had time to think up my own awards. Keep in mind I am a panel of one and take no input from the Academy.

Best Hair... and the Oscar goes to... Reese Witherspoon. Love that elusive blond color that most will only dream of, and Love the pony tail. Normally I'm against a fake hair ponytail, maybe its my aversion to all things Madonna, who knows? But seriously! This hair is so chic! She looks like a real life Barbie doll:)

Michelle Williams who is in a very close second place for hair, wins the Oscar for best makeup! She looks AMAZING. The perfect peach pout and awesomely arched eye brows. Yes please.

My nominees for best dressed are.... Mandy Moore, Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams.

And the Oscar goes to....Mila Kunis! Despite her gown being too low cut for my taste, I can't get over the beautiful lilac lace! The way it's fringed so modernly down the sides of the dress makes me so happy! Its the perfect color to contrast her dark hair. And in a world of strapless dresses that all start to look alike, this one has capped sleeves, how novel?! Well done Ellie Saab, well done. And For that matter, well done Mila Kunis, you've come a long way from that 70s show and dating Macaulay Culkin to the Academy Awards. I'm impressed.
Worst Dressed: It pains me to have to give this award because today this just should NOT happen. With a glam squad at her fingertips and a reality TV show all of your own Guilianna Rancic you should be ashamed. You not only had a grotesque dress on, but you are too skinny for your own good. Eat something and tame that hair. How can we listen you your commentary of the red carpet with your dress screaming at us like that? Its just not nice.

Here's looking forward to next year tinsel town!
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment