"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Saturday, January 1, 2011

No one I know is making New Year's Resolutions except Jennifer Hudson


Who saw Jennifer Hudson on every other commercial last night? While watching the Dick Clark feat. Ryan Seacrest's Rocking New Year I noticed that every other commercial was a weight watchers commercial. I'll grant Weight Watcher's ad people props for their timing but a variation on the commercial would have been appropriate with your intention to run the thing every 5 minutes.


Regardless, cut from Kesha and her horrifying green lipstick to Jennifer, sleek and beautiful looking healthy and better than ever! This is defiantly weight watchers best spokesperson ever. "you can" she told us, "its a new day"! Even now reflecting on the commercial it makes me want to join! Then the whole vicious cycle of the never ending weight watchers commercials had me thinking long and hard about my own resolutions for the new year. As I looked from Kesha's tattered t shirt and underwear outfit to Jennifer Hudson's gorgeous red dress and sparkling voice I thought...the power of resolutions and a desire to better oneself really pays off! Why is everyone giving up on the power to change?? Why is no one I know making a new year's resolution?


To resolve, or not to resolve, that is the question. As I sit here, January 1st, 9am, I ponder.



Pondering.....If I make a resolution and don't keep it, I'm just going to feel bad about myself. But on the other hand, there is always room for improvement and I like a challenge. Ok so what if I make 1 resolution that I know I will keep and feel really good about keeping, Like taking a daily multivitamin, or brushing daily with an enamel building toothpaste! Love it! And then, I can make another resolution that will really flex my muscle of self control, a real challenge, that if it pays off will make me better! So I landed on this: This year I am going to take the time to consistently THINK BEFORE I SPEAK!


Words can hurt and be misinterpreted. So I have decided to be more judicious about those I use, in order to be more kind and build up those around me with positive encouragement. Less complaining and less useless clatter. Help me Lord!!! Who's with me?? Let's keep striving to change for the good!

1 comment:

  1. my guiding thought regarding change: progress, not perfection.

    ReplyDelete