"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer brunching

What do you wear to brunch these days? It used to be that brunch with your girlfriends called for a day dress just one step below office attire, but my generation has changed all that. Now we brunch in our weekend wear! Today I went to a delightful brunch at the Good Earth, where I was very glad I wore my grey jeans because the Minnesota breeze was out and about on the patio where I was lunching.

My rule of thumb is , whenever you are going to meet others for a meal, dress for your guest! I want to look nice and presentable to tell my friend I think they are worth dressing up for, but not too formal so as to make them feel out of place. I think this outfit with my flouncy blouse and drop earring told my my brunch date...I think your special and I wanted to look nice for you, but I also know your no stuffy shirt who wears gloves to tea!

PS..these are the killer boots I picked up after brunch while I was mall walking off a few calories! Don't you love their business in the front, party in the back versatility?? Love, S



No comments:

Post a Comment