"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. " ~Coco Chanel





Friday, December 11, 2009

What I want NOW!

What I want now are all things Grandma Chic....That's what I've decided to call my new fashion obsession. Here is how this love affair began.



While walking through the Savvy department at the Nordstrom Christmas Party, I came across a sweater so exciting I let out a small squeal! My shopping partner turned and caught me caressing a hot pink merino wool sweater with jeweled shoulders. Although it looked like something my blue haired Grandmother might have dug out of her closet, I knew it was for me! Me and this sweater, this sweater and I, we were meant to be together! I wanted to call out to the sales associate, "I'll take this in every color you've got!" In the end I controlled the hysteria that was rising within and casually said to my friend, "I think you should buy this." You see Grandma Chic is for the you, the young and vivacious 20 and 30 somethings. On the hanger it may seem matronly but put it on and viola! Chic perfection! The shiny bedazzling that may seem just comical on our matriarchs look fresh and new on us. Go ahead, give it a try!



Here's the one that stopped me dead in my tracks...Trina Turk's Sessilee Sweater


Other Grandma Chic pieces I love
:

Marc Jacobs Try this open as a vest under a loose white T and black jeans...Forever 21
Skirt






Herve Leger Dress
Another by Marc Jacobs



2 comments:

  1. Wow...I want to wear that Herve Leger dress. It's dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The forever 21 vest is fun! Still sad I missed the Nordstrom Christmas shopping party!!

    ReplyDelete